- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/198/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/50546_Middle_South_drone1.rev.1554236092.jpg)"/>
Support Forester Denim Day
Students, faculty, and staff: Show support for survivors of sexual assault on Denim Day, Wednesday, April 29. Participate individually or get your whole class, organization—or even your sheltering-in-place family—involved to raise awareness of rape and sexual assault during Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
In 1999 the Italian High Court overturned a rape conviction because the victim was wearing tight jeans at the time of the assault. The justices stated that the victim must have helped her attacker remove her jeans, from which they inferred consent. People all around the world were outraged. Wearing jeans on this anniversary became an international symbol of protest against erroneous and destructive attitudes about sexual violence.
Here’s what you can do to show support:
- Wear any denim item on Wednesday, April 29
- Take a photo alone or with others displaying your support
- Share the photo on social media: #ForestersEverywhere and DenimDayLakeForestCollege
- Make the Denim Day art your background for Zoom meeting
“We continue to be here as a resource and support for any Lake Forest College student or employee who may experience or observe any form of sexual violence, harassment, or discrimination, including retaliation,” said Title IX Coordinator LaShun McGhee.