- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
Students learn job-searching, networking insights with Martino Moore ’99
Martino Moore ’99 shared his insights into networking skills, developing a successful career search, and opportunities at Morgan Stanley.
On Wednesday, February 19, the Career Advancement Center and student organization UMOJA partnered to host a talk by Martino Moore ’99. Moore, who graduated with a major in Philosophy, currently serves as an Executive Director on the Institutional Sales trading desk at Morgan Stanley. He is also currently a member of the Board of Directors at Lake Forest College.
At the event Moore shared his insights into developing a successful career search and using networking to find opportunities for jobs and internships. Economics and Asian Studies double major Feyi Adeyinka-Oni ’22 took away several pieces of advice from Moore’s talk.
“Before you are interviewed, prepare a one-to-two minute pitch about yourself and why the company needs you,” Adeyinka-Oni listed as one takeaway. “At the interview you should be comfortable, confident, just like it would be having a conversation with a friend.”
Casual alumni talks like this program are a trademark of career preparation at Lake Forest College. The event provided students with an intimate opportunity to ask questions and gather industry knowledge that can be applied during their career search.
“I would recommend this type of program to other students because he gave advice pertaining to every type of student,” Adeyinka-Oni said. In addition to general advice, “for the Economics, Business, and Finance students, Mr. Moore gave an overview of the terrain of the job market, the desired personality traits for certain roles in the business world, and what it takes to succeed.”
The Career Advancement Center would like to thank Martino Moore for his presentation and UMOJA for co-sponsoring the event.