- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/198/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/50546_Middle_South_drone1.rev.1554236092.jpg)"/>
Announcing nominations for the 2019–20 Leadership Awards
The Gates Center honors individual student leaders and student organizations at the Student Leadership Awards Ceremony each spring. Honorees are nominated by the campus community and selected by committees made up of students, faculty, and staff. Nominations are due at 5 p.m. on February 28.
More information is available on the Leadership Honors and Awards webpage, where you can find individuals and organizations to nominate in the drop-down menus.
Below is a list of the awards that are being considered at this time. Award descriptions are on the nomination form and on the Leadership Honors and Awards webpage.
- The Jacob Wardwell Edwards Prize
- The Make A Difference Award
- The Social Justice Award
- The Commitment to Campus Well Being Award
- The Rising Star Award
- The Student Organization President of the Year
- The Student Leader of the Year Award
- The Community Builder Award
- The Peter C. Clute Award for Outstanding Character
- The Advisor of the Year Award
- The Commitment to Student Development Award
- The Outstanding Program of the Year Award
- The Student Organization of the Year Award
- The Excellence in Marketing Award
- The Collaborative Effort of the Year Award
- The Alpha Sigma Kappa Class of 1938 Memorial Prize
The following awards are selected through an application process instead of a nomination process. Application can be found at the links above.
- The Elizabeth W. Fischer Prize
- The Tamara Lee Wefler Prize
Also, applications to serve on the selection committee can be found here. All applicants must be able to meet Thursday, April 2, 2020 for the Selection Meeting from 1 to 5 p.m. Additional requirements are listed on the application. The applications will be due on February 28, 2020 at 5 p.m. and will be reviewed soon after by the Gates Center staff who will select at least three members to serve on the committee.