- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Lake Forest College seeks a Library Associate to provide training for circulation student workers, assist with processing course reserves, acquisitions, and other library functions as needed. The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to helping student staff (federal work-study and international) succeed and grow. Qualified applicants will have a minimum two years of library experience, ability to work with a diverse community, outstanding judgment and discretion, aptitude to learn library computer applications, and excellent communication skills. Adaptability and flexibility are musts in this position; the library is undergoing rapid change and the migration to Alma and Primo VE will transform our work over the next year.
The position is part time for 10-15 hours a week from August 1-May 31. The schedule may vary depending on the time of the year. Occasionally, the position may be asked to work in other departments including Technical Services and Archives.
The library is open 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. weeknights. Evening hours are sometimes required, especially in September and January.
- Training student employees
- Processing course reserves
- Assisting patrons with circulation, course reserves, and occasional printing inquiries; resolving problems for patrons and student staff
- Referring questions, as appropriate, to library or information technology services professional staff
- Other library projects as assigned
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We will begin reviewing applications on October 14. If selected for an interview, we will request three references.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.