- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
User Services Specialist
The User Services Specialist is a key member of the User Services team providing support for desktop and lab computing, printing, and end user devices. Responsibilities include resolving end user technology issues, recommending solutions, and guiding users through solution features and functionalities. Advanced technical knowledge of Windows and MacOS and mainstream mobile devices, and excellent troubleshooting skills are required. To be successful in this role, you must be an effective communicator in person, on the phone, and in writing. This position has Help Desk responsibilities and will need the ability to prioritize issue reports effectively.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide excellent customer service with a user-centered focus in resolving software, hardware, and printing problems.
- Answer Help Desk calls and problem tickets promptly and properly prioritize issue reports based upon impact and urgency.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop and laptop computers, peripheral equipment, and software according to established standards.
- Contribute to the creation of User Services documentation and student staff training to provide consistency for end user support.
- Maintain accurate records for hardware deployment and assist with inventory tracking.
- Provide end user assistance and troubleshooting for mobile devices connecting to the College network.
- Exhibit extreme attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
Evidence of appropriate training and on-the-job success is a primary qualification. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in information technology or a relevant field is required.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Experience supporting audiovisual technology.
- Experience with desktop software deployment/imaging tools like Munki and Symantec Ghost.
- Experience with basic Windows Server and/or Active Directory administration.
- Work maintaining or creating scripts for OS, server, or domain maintenance.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse population of colleagues and end users.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Forest College is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from more than 40 states and from more than 70 countries. Lake Forest is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.