- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Athletic Department Marketing and Special Events Coordinator
Lake Forest College is accepting applications for an Athletic Department Marketing and Special Events Coordinator. This is a full-time position with benefits. This position is ideal for someone desiring to work in an exciting, successful, and team-oriented environment. The nature of the position is such that a considerable amount of evening and weekend work will be necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will provide opportunities and responsibilities in the areas of marketing and athletic related special event planning that include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership for the department’s digital and print communications by developing marketing materials, assisting with updates for the website, and managing the office’s social media handles including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Managing the operations of the athletic department’s booster club – The F.A.N. Club – by creating marketing plans, tracking memberships, coordinating events and communications, and management of the program budget, game-day store and inventory.
- Oversight and execution of special campus and community events and activities and performances around athletic competitions.
- Assist athletic administrative staff and head coaches with event planning, programming, projects, reports, award ceremonies, etc.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office including customer service, student work-study oversight & other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. Candidates must have the ability to relate effectively to student-athletes, coaches, and the College community, demonstrate strong leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a self-starter. The successful candidate must possess time management and organizational skills, be proficienct with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop & InDesign), and have familiarity with data systems, web content management, and basic HTML.
Salary and benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to Blake Theisen, Interim Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 847-735-6155 with any questions. Review of applications will begin immediately and accepted until the position is filled.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. Lake Forest College is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students. countries. The College sponsors 23 intercollegiate varsity sports, with approximately 400 student-athletes competing annually, and is a member of NCAA Division III. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
For more information on Lake Forest College and Forester Athletics, please visit www.lakeforest.edu.