- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Admissions Counselor, Assistant Director, or Associate Director of Admissions
Lake Forest College seeks applications for an admissions recruiter position. Based on experience, the successful candidate will assume the title of Admissions Counselor, Assistant Director, or Associate Director of Admissions. The new position will report to the Director of Transfer Admissions.
Qualified applicants must be passionate about higher education, value the liberal arts, and have an appreciation for and strong desire to recruit and support first year and transfer students. The position will require strong communication skills, organization and attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
The successful candidate will join an energetic, creative, and hard-working admissions team.
The admissions office values and promotes collegiality, professional development, and life/work balance.
The College, a selective liberal arts institution located in Lake Forest, 30 miles north of Chicago, is within walking distance to the train to Chicago and the shore of Lake Michigan. Students have access to top professors, devoted alumni, and abundant opportunities for research, internships, and study in Chicago or overseas.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in admissions or higher education.
- Represent Lake Forest College to first year and transfer students, parents, high school and community college counselors, and other constituents
- Develop recruitment strategies and manage high school and community college territories. This will include travel to high schools and community colleges, conducting onsite interviews and information sessions, covering college fairs, hosting coffee chats, and working with constituency groups
- Incorporate constituency groups in recruitment: current students, faculty and staff members, coaches, alumni, and parents of enrolled students or graduates
- Evaluate students’ applications and recommend admissions decisions
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of Faculty Office, Registrar, and faculty department chairs to facilitate a seamless delivery of services to new transfer students
- Assist with planning, execution, and evaluation of events, including transfer orientation and an annual Community College Counselor Visit Day
- Engage in admissions office recruitment activities: e.g., help cover campus events and receptions, conduct interviews, and advise students and parents on financial aid
- Attend professional conferences and meetings
- Perform other duties and supervise projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid driver’s license required; a willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- An ability to skillfully use technology in support of transfer recruitment and admissions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; an understanding of marketing and facility with social media
- An excellent work ethic. Motivation, creativity, and flexibility will be highly valued
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references electronically to Jackie Hoefler, Associate Vice President for Admissions, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately. References will not be contacted without permission. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.