- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
The Department Assistant will support the day-to-day operations of the Office of Residence Life. In addition to providing administrative support for departmental functions, the Department Assistant will provide frontline customer service to students, families, and campus community members.
- Office Management: Customer service, supervision of student workers, vendor communication, maintaining office supplies and equipment, calendar management, website oversight.
- Operations: Daily use of housing software to facilitate room change communication and tracking, key administration, coordination of early arrivals and late departures with custodial services, Slate database updates. High level of support and involvement in all operational processes including room assignments and room changes. Work orders (internal and external), service calls, coordinating entry and access to student living spaces.
- Financial: Bill payment, check requisitions, billing of student charges, fund transfers, billing and account reconciliation.
- Student Conduct: Parental notification communication, case file updates, sanction tracking, paperwork administration.
- Training and Onboarding of Staff: File management, room reservations, interview scheduling, itinerary building, catering and dining, supply ordering, employment paperwork.
- Recruitment: File management, room reservations, supply orders, travel arrangements, itinerary building
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience expected
- Strong focus on customer service; desire to work closely with students
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Access
- Experience with or ability to learn housing system a plus
- Ability to reconcile finances and monitor budget
- Event coordination or marketing experience a plus
Electronic applications are preferred. Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé/CV to:
Director of Residence Life and Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
This is a full-time benefits eligible position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found.
Lake Forest College (www.lakeforest.edu) located 30 miles north of Chicago, is a highly selective liberal arts college and enrolls approximately 1,500 undergraduate students from over 47 states and 78 countries.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.