- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Short-story writing contest entries due Friday
Each year, the ACM sponsors the Nick Adams Short Story Contest to celebrate the creativity and talent of student writers at ACM colleges. The contest, named for the young protagonist of many Hemingway stories, awards a first prize of $1,000.
The final judge, Audra Petty, author of High-Rise Stories, will grant the best short story and $1,000 top prize.
Entrants may submit as many as two stories to Associate Professor of English Joshua Corey no later than noon on Friday, February 15. Put “Nick Adams” in the subject line of your email.
A maximum of four entries will be selected as finalists by the English department and sent on to the ACM for final judging.
Follow these contest eligibility requirements and guidelines for entering:
- Entrants must be enrolled students in good standing but need not be English majors or enrolled in an English course.
- Students may enter a maximum of two stories into the contest.
- Submitted stories cannot have been published off-campus.
- Each manuscript is limited to 10,000 words.
- Each submission should take the form of a PDF file with a separate cover sheet containing the author’s name, the title of the story, the author’s email address, campus address, and permanent address. The title of the story must also appear on the first page of the story. The author’s name should only appear on the cover sheet.
- E-mail your entries to Professor Joshua Corey (email@example.com) no later than noon on Friday, February 15. Put “Nick Adams” in the subject line of your email.
- Contact Associate Professor Corey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (NickAdamsContest@acm.edu) with any questions.