- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Don’t miss first-ever Career-A-Palooza
The Career Advancement Center will host Career-A-Palooza, a conference-style event that will help students kick-start their careers, from 4:30 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, February 12.
“This event is especially for students who are in the midst of their job search,” said Assistant Director of the Career Advancement Center Ben Rohde. “Students will leave the night with a plan of action on how to obtain a job or prepare for graduate school post-graduation.”
All of the presenters have been through successful job searches before, both as candidates and employers, said Assistant Director of Career Advancement for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hannah Frei. “We wanted to invite presenters who could share their actual experience on these topics, so students can learn strategies that really work in the current job market.”
Taking place in the Lillard Science Center, this new career preparation event is open to all majors and will present concurrent talks in two sessions:
First Session: 5–6 p.m.
- Technology and the Job Search: Digital Tools You Can Use to Find and Land a Job by Zoe Gordon and Monica Kielawa ’16 of Zebra Technologies
- Is This a Good Overall Fit for Me?: Being a Minority on the Job Market by Courtney Joseph and Erica Shultz of Lake Forest College
- Materials Matter: How to Craft the Resume and Cover Letter Employers Want to See by Doug Adolph ’07 of CCS Fundraising
Second Session: 7–8 p.m.
- Maybe I’ll be a Student Forever: Navigating the Graduate School Search by Megan Lambert ’15 of Aon
- Campus to Corporate: Tips for Landing Your First Job by Laura Butus of Coyote Logistics
- Making Your First Impression Count: Dressing for Success by Jessie Cozzi of Men’s Wearhouse
“Students may attend any portion of the evening,” said Interim Director of the Career Advancement Center Colleen Monks. “Serving as one of our signature Career Month events, the Career-A-Palooza sessions will help our students to hit the ground running with their internship and job search and prepare for networking events later this semester.”
Open mingling with the presenters begins at 4:30 p.m. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Following the presentions at 8 p.m., there will be an open Q&A session with career advisors.
Click here to register for Career-A-Palooza 2019.