- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Moodle upgraded for Spring 2019
Moodle was upgraded between fall and spring semesters. The new version provides faculty with additional options in providing course material and creating opportunities for class interaction. Much of the reason for the upgrade was to improve accessibility and mobile access, and to align with security compliance requirements specified by recent state and international legislation.
How does the upgrade impact you?
There are not a lot of student experience differences between “Old Moodle” and “New Moodle.” You may notice that the gray striped background is now a solid color and that the font has changed, but the overall way you interact with your courses and individual assignments is largely the same. The TRC has prepared a brief Student Guide that notes the similarities of logging in and navigating between your courses, and highlights the addition of a new dashboard view that you may find useful. Since the new version adopts some of the most recent Web standards, you will also notice that Moodle is now easier to interact with on your mobile devices.
If you have any questions about Moodle or any other technology-related issue as you return to campus, please do not hesitate to contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 5544. We are happy to assist in any way we can.
Best wishes for a successful spring semester!
Sean Riedel | Chief Information Officer