- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Men’s Hockey Alumni Day
Men’s Hockey Alumni Day took place on January 25. The day honored 31 hockey alumni who returned to the Forest, including members of 1978 National Runner-up team and many Lake Forest Athletic Hall of Fame inductees. Later, the men’s varsity squad was victorious over the visitors from Amherst College, 3-1, and the newest recipient of the Peter G. Taylor ’73 Award, Chris Gard ’14, was recognized. Photos by Hilary Wind ’14
Lake Forest College participated in the 32nd annual National Girls and Women in Sports Day on Sunday, February 18, 2018. Participants rotated through a series of stations featuring volleyball, running, basketball, tennis, soccer, cheerleading, and as an exciting new addition to the event this year, participants concluded the program with a relaxing yoga session. Following each station, participants gathered in small groups to receive guidance and advice from current Lake Forest College students about how to incorporate healthy habits into their daily routines.
Forester hockey celebrated several occasions on Saturday, February 3, 2018 prior to and during the men’s hockey game against Trine University. The evening began with a toast to the completion of the Home Ice Advantage Campaign, which was given by Director of Athletics Jackie Slaats and Lake Forest College President Steve Schutt. Many donors, alumni, and close supporters of Forester hockey were in attendance.
In addition to the toast prior to the game, senior forward George Gerasimou received the team’s Peter Taylor Award at the first intermission. This award is given annually to one player, selected by his teammates, for outstanding talent, leadership and love for the game best exemplify the qualities of the player for whom it is named - Peter G. Taylor.
During the second intermission, members of the 1977-98 Forester men’s hockey team were recognized on the ice to celebrate the 40th reunion of their second place finish at the Division II NCAA tournament.
The Lake Forest College Athletic Department and the Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) hosted the 8th Annual “The Sleds Are Coming” event on Sunday, January 28th at the Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse on the campus of Lake Forest College.
Additionally, owners of the Hot Shot Ice Arena, Becky and Jerry Klutchka and their three sons Tim, Matt and Russell (all local firefighters) were honored with the JJ O’Connor Award, an award given each year to someone who demonstrates good character, leadership, and sportsmanship – is devoted to serving as an ambassador in the community – and perseveres regardless of obstacles.