- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
Parading through the past
Alums, students, and parents networked during the second All Access Mixer of the fall semester on November 17. Lake Forest College Trustee Randy Lauer ’81 hosted the gathering at Citigroup in Chicago. Jessica Coleman ’89 was the guest speaker.
The third consecutive plate race pitted teams of summer research students from different science departments, Richter scholars and the LFC-RFUMS Summer Scholars programs. Runners balanced a stack of petri dishes in a relay around the Middle Campus Quad in this highlight of the summer semester.
More than 50 faculty and staff attended the second annual Sue and Gene Hotchkiss Celebration of Faculty Scholarship on April 19. The event was an impressive testament to the remarkable scholarly productivity of the faculty. “I want to commend you all,” Gene Hotchkiss told the group during the late afternoon gathering. “Scholarship is what distinguishes us from other colleges.”
Thirteen students were inducted into the Nu Rho Sci national neuroscience honorary society in a ceremony on March 17. Seven alumni and two faculty members also were inducted.
Lake Forest College hosted the Special Olympics Area 13 Aquatics Meet at the Sports and Recreation Center on March 19. More than 100 Lake Forest students volunteered for the event, including members of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams as well as other organizations on campus.