- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Ry’s (Color) Run
Wow, what a (Color) Run! We had a great turnout for the 4th Annual Ry’s Run on Tuesday, April 16 with 168 total runners that included faculty, staff and students as well as Ry McCarthy’s family members. Solo and relay runners were splashed with pink, green, blue, yellow, orange and purple as they passed by the color station. All proceeds from the event were donated to the American Cancer Society and the College’s Relay for Life event on Friday, April 19.
Lake Forest College participated in the 32nd annual National Girls and Women in Sports Day on Sunday, February 18, 2018. Participants rotated through a series of stations featuring volleyball, running, basketball, tennis, soccer, cheerleading, and as an exciting new addition to the event this year, participants concluded the program with a relaxing yoga session. Following each station, participants gathered in small groups to receive guidance and advice from current Lake Forest College students about how to incorporate healthy habits into their daily routines.
Forester hockey celebrated several occasions on Saturday, February 3, 2018 prior to and during the men’s hockey game against Trine University. The evening began with a toast to the completion of the Home Ice Advantage Campaign, which was given by Director of Athletics Jackie Slaats and Lake Forest College President Steve Schutt. Many donors, alumni, and close supporters of Forester hockey were in attendance.
In addition to the toast prior to the game, senior forward George Gerasimou received the team’s Peter Taylor Award at the first intermission. This award is given annually to one player, selected by his teammates, for outstanding talent, leadership and love for the game best exemplify the qualities of the player for whom it is named - Peter G. Taylor.
During the second intermission, members of the 1977-98 Forester men’s hockey team were recognized on the ice to celebrate the 40th reunion of their second place finish at the Division II NCAA tournament.
The Lake Forest College Athletic Department and the Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) hosted the 8th Annual “The Sleds Are Coming” event on Sunday, January 28th at the Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse on the campus of Lake Forest College.
Additionally, owners of the Hot Shot Ice Arena, Becky and Jerry Klutchka and their three sons Tim, Matt and Russell (all local firefighters) were honored with the JJ O’Connor Award, an award given each year to someone who demonstrates good character, leadership, and sportsmanship – is devoted to serving as an ambassador in the community – and perseveres regardless of obstacles.