- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Women’s Basketball vs. UIC Social
To open their 2016-17 campaign, the Forester women’s basketball team faced off against Division 1 opponent University of Illinois-Chicago on November 11th. Before the game tipped off, Lake Forest College Athletic Department hosted a F.A.N. Club happy hour at the Wise Owl Drinkery and Cookhouse. It was a wonderful pre-game event that allowed fans who made the trip down to the city to spend time with Jackie Slaats, the Director of Athletics, as well as other athletic staff members.
The Lake Forest College men’s basketball team captured the Midwest Conference title at St. Norbert College this past Saturday. The Foresters now advance to the NCAA Division III Tournament for the first time in school history. The team is slated to take on the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh at St. John’s University in Friday’s opening round.
The 2019 theme for National Girls and Women in Sports Day was “Lead Her Forward”. This is an appropriate theme as it recognizes the student-athletes, coaches, and administrators who are committed to providing equitable access to sports for all girls and women, while it also recognizes the achievements that women have accomplished since the passing of Title IX. With over 90 participants, this year’s National Girls and Women in Sports Day event was filled with learning and laughter from each of the girls, student-athletes, and staff members. We hope every one of the participants enjoyed this day as much as we did!
On January 20, 2019, alumni from the men’s and women’s basketball teams returned to the Forest for their respective alumni games, followed by a reception and recognition during the men’s and women’s varsity contests. Thank you to all alumni who braved the weather and game changes to join us!