- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/50/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30147_english-_literature.rev.1452788000.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/50/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30146_education.rev.1452787986.png)"/>
Election Assistance Committee
The independent, bipartisan EAC maintains public records on voting statistics and provides information on election results, voter registration, and the electoral system.
Federal Election Commission
The FEC administers and enforces the Federal Election Campaign Act. Contains campaign finance and election information.
Federal Voting Assistance Program
Voting help for uniformed service member, their families, and citizens living outside the US.
FirstGov—Voting and Elections
The US government’s portal to information on voting and elections including absentee ballots, registering to vote, volunteering, the electoral process, contacting elected officials and more.
National Archives and Records Administration
NARA’s Office of the Federal Register coordinates the functions of the Electoral College and compiles information on past and present Presidential elections.
Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives
Official vote counts for federal elections for states and territories dating back to 1920.
US Census—Voting and Registration
Information on reported voting and registration by various demographic and socioeconomic characteristics.
Illinois State Board of Elections
Contains campaign disclosure, election and voting information. Includes:
- Registering to vote in Illinois
- Voting absentee
- Search for your Illinois districts or officials
National Association of State Election Directors
Links to all state’s election information; click “Members” to see current information.
Candidate and Election Analysis
Search for candidates who are members of congress to find speeches they made on the floor, legislation they introduced, and voting records.
Summary results of current public opinion polls on U.S. presidential elections.
Analyzes claims made by politicians in the news to determine their accuracy, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center.
Extensive analysis of voting records of gubernatorial, senatorial, and congressional candidates and incumbents on major issues.
OpenSecrets.org—Center for Responsive Politics
- Non-partisan, non-profit group keeping track of money in US politics and its effects on elections and public policy. A comprehensive resource for campaign contributions, lobbying data, and analysis.
- Pew Research Center
- Non-partisan news, information, data and analysis of the presidential election. The center conducts public opinion polling, demographic studies, media content analysis and other empirical social science data.
A project of theTampa Bay Times that fact checks statements by members of Congress, the White House, lobbyists, and interest groups and rates them on their “truth-o-meter.”
Project Vote Smart
Information on political candidates, campaign finances, special interest groups, voting records and more. From the non-profit organization The Center for National Independence for Politics.
Return to Government Information Main Page