• <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/50/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30147_english-_literature.rev.1452788000.png)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/50/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30146_education.rev.1452787986.png)"/>

Library

Our benefactors

Elliott Donnelley, 1903-1975

Soon after Ernest Johnson became acting College president in 1942, Elliott Donnelley, son of printer Thomas E. Donnelley, joined the Board of Trustees. His generous gifts to the College ensured the construction of the Donnelley Library (1965) and the Sports Center (1968). He served as chair of the Board of Trustees from 1967 to 1971. After Donnelley’s death, his family donated his nationally-known collection of railroad history books to the library.

Laurence (“Larry”) R. Lee, 1928-2010

Larry Lee was general counsel and later senior vice president at nearby Abbott Laboratories.  He was a long-time supporter of the College and in the early 2000s his gift made the renovation and expansion of Donnelley Library possible. In recognition of his donation the College renamed the library Donnelley and Lee Library when it opened in 2004.