- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
Move-in and Orientation
Updates for Fall 2017 families coming soon!
Make plans to attend New Student Orientation—Mid August
Whether a first-year student or transfer, living on campus or at home, New Student Orientation is where your students will meet their classmates and learn all about their new life as a Forester. It’s a must-attend experience!
New Student Orientation includes events for parents through lunchtime on Saturday.
Move-in for most students (except for fall athletes and First Connection students) begins in mid-August. Final dates will be announced early summer. Fellow Foresters will be on hand to help you move into your new home. If you’re looking for a list of what to bring (and what not to bring) you can explore that online.
Wednesday, October 10
Ruth Winter Lecture with Dr. Heather Ann Thompson
: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.:Oct10Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel, Middle CampusDr. Heather Ann Thompson, a Pulitzer and Bancroft Prize-winning author and historian, will deliver the Ruth Winter Lecture on Wednesday, October 10.
Thursday, October 11
Oppenheimer Lecture: Happiness Expert Daniel Gilbert
: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.:Oct11First Presbyterian Church of Lake ForestDaniel Gilbert, a Harvard psychologist, author of the international best-seller Stumbling on Happiness, and host of the PBS television series This Emotional Life, will deliver the 2018 Oppenheimer Lecture on Thursday, October 11.