- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Lectures and Presentations
Thursday, September 27
: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Teaching with Virtual Reality - a talk by Dr. Amanda LicastroSep27Are you interested in learning more about how virtual reality can enhance educational experiences across the curriculum? Come hear Dr. Amanda Licastro, Assistant Professor of Digital Rhetoric at Stevenson University, speak on “Teaching with Virtual Reality.” Our own VirtualSpace (and other VR-related tech) stands ready to put these new ideas into practices, inside and outside the classroom.
Friday, September 28
: 6:30 p.m.: Author Reading: Benjamin Goluboff and Daniel LockhartSep28Professor of English Benjamin Goluboff and visiting author Daniel Lockhart will read from their works at City Lit Books in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood.
Wednesday, October 10
: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Ruth Winter Lecture with Dr. Heather Ann ThompsonOct10Dr. Heather Ann Thompson, a Pulitzer and Bancroft Prize-winning author and historian, will deliver the Ruth Winter Lecture on Wednesday, October 10.
Thursday, October 11
: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.: Oppenheimer Lecture: Happiness Expert Daniel GilbertOct11Daniel Gilbert, a Harvard psychologist, author of the international best-seller Stumbling on Happiness, and host of the PBS television series This Emotional Life, will deliver the 2018 Oppenheimer Lecture on Thursday, October 11.
Monday, November 12
: 4:30 p.m.: Ernest H. Volwiler Lecture with Mahzarin BanajiNov12Mahzarin Banaji, Richard Clarke Cabot Professor of Social Ethics in the Department of Psychology at Harvard University, will discuss Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People at the College’s prestigious Ernest H. Volwiler Distinguished Science Lectureship which takes takes place during Lake Forest College’s Brain Awareness Week.
Performances and Exhibitions
Friday, September 21
: All Day: Gallery - “Last calls/On any given night…”Sep21Explore the last calls of endangered species and migratory birds through sound-wave-pattern photos using the stunning colors of the birds themselves. The opening reception will feature live musical responses to the artwork’s avian themes.