- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29609_advisor.rev.1448902476.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program
Lake Forest College’s ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program is an all-access Chicago summer internship program that puts you in the career driver’s seat. You’ll reside in downtown Chicago at the College’s Chicago Loop campus, receive cutting-edge career preparation and mentorship, and benefit from an internship at a Chicago internship location.
To be eligible to participate in this program, students must have and/or be:
ACTIVATE is a 8 - 10 week program, depending on the internship.
The ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program is a selective enrollment program, where admitted students participate in professional development opportunities before and during the program, receive personalized guidance to secure an internship, and earn up to two academic credits.
ACTIVATE is open to students from all majors who are interested in clarifying personal and professional goals, gaining career-building experiences, and getting to know fellow interns, as well as gaining access to alumni and friends of the College who are leaders in their chosen fields. Unlike doing an internship on your own, you will be surrounded by people with similar experiences, as well as program staff who are able to help you maximize the value of your summer.
All students are required to complete a for-credit internship as part of the ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program. While participating in the ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program, you will complete an internship of up to two credits, totaling 300 hours over the course of the summer.
Admitted students will receive hands-on guidance from the Career Advancement Center to secure a premiere Chicago internship. Both the Career Advancement Center and ACTIVATE staff will assist you in honing your career goals, while collaborating closely with you on the internship search and selection process to ensure you have the training and skills to make a great impression on your summer employer.
Once you have your internship in hand, you will continue to receive mentoring and professional development throughout the summer.
You may also elect to complete 1, 1.25, 1.5, or 1.75 credits upon approval of the Career Advancement Center and ACTIVATE staff.
|Housing, Meals, and Transportation|
The Flats, the Lake Forest College In The Loop and ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program residential building.
Students reside at The Flats, a residential building located in the South Loop in the heart of the Wabash Arts Corridor.
Up to 16 students live in double-occupancy bedrooms, two to three bedrooms in each apartment. Each bedroom is equipped with desks, beds, wardrobes, and dressers. Each apartment contains a common area, bathroom, and kitchen. Apartments are provided with cable TV in the common room and internet/wifi throughout the apartment. All apartments feature floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Lake Michigan and/or the city skyline.
Students are responsible for covering their own meals throughout the duration of the program. There are several grocery stores within the area, including Trader Joe’s, Jewel, and Target.
All students are provided with a U-Pass for CTA travel, paid for by the College.
The fee for the ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program includes tuition, orientation, housing, internship supervision, professional development activities, and a U-Pass for unlimited CTA travel.
Here is an estimated budget for the 2019 program:
ACTIVATE includes two credits of internship for 300 hours over the course of the summer.
The ACTIVATE: Summer Internship Program provides up to three grants:
Stay tuned for 2019 ACTIVATE application instructions.