- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
Creating Your Unique Job Search Plan
Our Career Advisors can help you build and following an effective job or internship search plan can make the difference in your job search efforts.
Here are key focal points to help you get started:
1. What am I good at? What do I enjoy? What are my initial targets? First understand yourself.
2. Capture your experiences with a strong resume and cover letter. An action driven resume gets attention.
3. Do your homework! It is an important step to research the industry, type of companies or organizations that best match your skills talents and goals.
4. Identify your network. 60 to 90 percent of jobs are found through friends, family and people you reach out to learn more about the profession you seek.
5. Learn how to request and and conduct informational interviews. You can decide if the path you are looking into is the right one for you, increase awareness of your interest and talent, learn about what it takes to locate and secure an opportunity.
6. Be ready for that first encounter with a great elevator speech. Learn about how to respond to “So, tell me a little about yourself.”
7. Prepare for success in the interview process. Know your value to an employer by understanding their needs and how you fit from both a skills perspective and their environment. We can help you get ready.