- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29609_advisor.rev.1448902476.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
Some internships are paid and some are not. The College, as well as external providers, offer funding to help students cover costs associated with unpaid or low-paid internships.
Lake Forest College Internship Funding Program
Available to all students completing unpaid internships. Preference is given to students with financial need.
Students who plan to complete an unpaid internship during the summer or academic year may qualify for funding of up to $2500 to help alleviate costs associated with their experience.
Students are required to have an internship secured when applying for the funding program. However, students may indicate their ‘interest’ in funding if they do not yet have an internship in place. To indicate your interest, please complete the Internship Funding Interest Survey. You will receive an email with your next steps regarding the application process.
Deadlines: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis however we strongly encourage early applications submitted by the priority deadlines below.
Fall Priority Deadline: August 17
Spring Priority Deadline: November 30
Summer Priority Deadline: April 12
For more information about internship funding, please e-mail email@example.com.
Leslie Chapman Memorial Museum Internship
In memory of former VP of Business Affairs at Lake Forest College. Winner is given an internship with the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff Historical Society and a stipend to cover expenses. Internships offered each fall, spring and summer. Search for the internship and apply via ForesterLink.
Prestigious multi-year internship, mentorship, and scholarship program sponsored by the James S. Kemper Foundation. The Kemper Scholars Program’s mission is preparing students for professional leadership positions through experiential workplace learning that applies what they learn in their academic programs. The Foundation believes that undergraduate study of the liberal arts represents the best preparation for life and career. The program aims to promote education in the liberal arts while providing students opportunities for career exploration and practical experience. Students apply in their first year at Lake Forest College.
Gilman Scholarship Program
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies or credit-bearing, career-oriented internships abroad. Such international exchange is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world. Awards may be made for summer or semester credit-bearing internships. Students must be eligible for a Pell Grant to apply. See Ashley Sinclair in Off-Campus Programs for details.
In memory of a former Union College professor. Students submit an essay about interest in obtaining an internship in D.C. to be eligible for $1500 in funding. Deadline is usually in March.
The B.A. Rudolph Foundation provides financial and professional support to undergraduate women with summer internships in public service (in Washington, DC) and STEM internships nationwide. The goal of the stipends is to cover the living expenses, making it feasible for students to accept unpaid internships. Application deadlines are specific to the scholarship, but are usually in the end of March.
In addition to the information provided here, students may receive e-mail messages about additional funding opportunities and can consult with their career advisor and the financial aid office about strategies for making an internship in their chosen field financially accessible. Students should start internship planning early.