The Office of Communications and Marketing generates stories that support at least one or two characteristics of Lake Forest College’s institutional brand: ACCESS to careers, internships, research, experts, alumni, faculty, Chicago.
We share these stories in many places:
- College homepage and other pages throughout the website
- Lake Forest College Weekly News
- Parent News
- Alumni E-News
- Community Calendar email
- Admissions E-News and print materials
- Social media
If you want examples of good stories, just go to the front page of the website and click on any of the stories at the top of the page.
Submit a story idea
To pitch a story that will fit into at least one of the areas outlined above, contact Liz Libby. You can also add stories to your departmental and faculty webpages, such as news about:
- student research
- faculty research or publication
- conference presentation
- professional award
Write your own story
Using your log-in credentials, you can create a story or photo gallery on the website.
- Log into the website on the bottom of the page, select “Dashboard,” select “Stories” or “Galleries,” and select “Add new…” Then, just fill in the blanks.
- Be selective about the photos you choose. Usually about 10 will do.
- Tag the story or gallery so it appears on the webpages you want it to. As an example, check out the Department of Art and Art History page, which contains both a news and a gallery widget.
- Refer to the Index of Tags (pdf) for help choosing which tags to use.