- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
Harper Full-Tuition Transfer Scholarship
The Lake Forest Transfer Scholarship recognizes a Harper College Honors Program student with demonstrated intellectual excellence and future academic promise who would like to earn their Bachelor of Arts degree from Lake Forest College.
The scholarship provides full tuition, including fees, for two years. For the 2020-2021 school year, the scholarship is valued at $48,424.
WHY LAKE FOREST?
Excellent location—our beautiful 107-acre campus is only an hour away from Harper and within walking distance of the Metra train to Chicago and the beach.
Personal attention with access to outstanding faculty in small class settings—professors will know you by name.
Every transfer student is assigned a career advisor and academic advisor once you arrive on campus—sometimes before.
Abundant internship opportunities for all majors.
Conduct research alongside professors—many of our students become co-authors on published research papers—opportunities not usually available at larger institutions.
Exceptional ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity—1,570 students from nearly every state and 85 countries—more than 40 languages spoken on campus.
Medical and law school acceptance rates are significantly above the national norm.
99% of recent graduates had jobs, were in graduate school, or pursuing other chosen opportunities within six months of graduation.
REQUIREMENTS AND NEXT STEPS
It’s easy to apply for the Lake Forest Transfer Scholarship, available exclusively to Harper Honors Program students.
- Applicants must be a member of the Harper College Honors Program and have a minimum 3.25 GPA from Harper at the time of application, and maintain that GPA through graduation from Harper.
- Contact a Harper College Honors Program advisor to let them know of your interest in applying for the scholarship.
- Applicants should complete a Lake Forest Transfer Admission Application and the Transfer Scholarship Application no later than March 1, 2020. A completed Lake Forest Transfer Admission Application includes transcripts, letter of recommendation, and interview.
- Complete the Harper Honors Full-tuition Scholarship application when you submit your Lake Forest Transfer Application or the Transfer Common Application.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Undocumented students should complete the FAFSA under the RISE ACT to be eligible to receive the MAP Grant for 2020-2021. See our Financial Aid website for more information.
- Finalists will be invited to visit Lake Forest College for a visit and a scholarship interview (separate from the regular admission interview).
The recipient of Lake Forest Full-Tuition Transfer Scholarship award will be selected by a joint Lake Forest College and Harper College selection committee no later than April 1, 2020.