- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
College of Lake County
Lake Forest College and the College of Lake County enjoy a strong educational partnership. Each semester we enroll some of the best and brightest transfer students from CLC.
CLC students in the sciences, arts and humanities, and business have a smooth path to a bachelor of arts degree at Lake Forest College, thanks to a special partnership between the two institutions, including the CLC Pathway Scholarships and a Guaranteed Admission Agreement.
- Guaranteed Admission
- Pathways for Sciences, Business, and Humanities
Up to $25,000 in Scholarships
- Guaranteed Internship (Humanities majors)
A Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement provides CLC students seamless transfer to earn their bachelor’s degree at Lake Forest College. CLC students will benefit from personalized academic planning from both institutions early in their college career.
- Please submit the Guaranteed Admission Participation Form if you intend to participate in this program
Pathway Scholar Programs at Lake Forest College
Lake Forest College supports the CLC Scholars Program by offering up to two full-tuition awards each year to CLC Scholars with outstanding academic records and significant financial need. In addition to completing the application for admission and an on-campus interview, interested students must also complete the FAFSA.
The scholarship is renewable for one year only. Federal and State Grants are counted toward the value of the full-tuition scholarship.
Pathway Business Scholars
CLC students who seek to major in business and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferrable semester hours are eligible for the Pathway Business Scholars program.
This program is a 2+2 transfer program with guaranteed admission for accepted students. No additional application is required. Students must meet a prescribed curriculum (please see transfer guide) and have a minimum 3.25 GPA for consideration.
Pathway Science Scholars
A 2-2 Science Scholar program is available to students interested in majoring in the following disciplines: mathematics, science, biology, chemistry, physics, and neuroscience and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferrable semester hours at CLC.
No additional application is required. Students must meet a prescribed curriculum and have a minimum 3.0 GPA for consideration. Interested students will ideally plan to meet with a Lake Forest College faculty advisor during their first year at CLC.
Pathway Humanities Scholars
Lake Forest College will support up to 15 Pathways Humanities Scholars who are interested majoring in the humanities and have completed their associate of arts degree or 60 transferrable semester hours at CLC.
Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA for consideration. Academic areas of focus will include American studies, studio art, art history, Asian studies, English, French, Spanish, history, music, philosophy, religion, theater, and Latin American studies.
*Please note that eligible Phi Theta Kappa students will receive the $25,000 Phi Theta Kappa scholarship and the special Pathway designation and benefits listed below for either the Pathway Science, Pathway Humanities, or Pathway Business scholarships.The maximum amount of scholarship for a Pathway Scholar is $25,000.
All Pathway Scholars will be recognized in the following manner:
- Pathway Scholar recognition on their Lake Forest College transcript;
- Pre-advising during their time at CLC by Lake Forest College faculty and Career Advancement Center staff on course selection, internships, and career counseling, allowing them to“fast-track” their experience once they enroll at the College;
- Early registration for classes during the initial registration period. Students matriculating in the fall semester may register early during the summer registration period. Students matriculating in the spring semester may register early during the November registration period.
- The option of selecting a fifth course for free in the second semester at the College, assuming a 3.6 GPA in the first semester.
- Students will be evaluated at the end of every academic year at the College. Pathway Scholars are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA.