- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Meet Jen Motzer
Senior Associate Director of Admissions
847-735-5016 (Lake Forest Office)
303-838-0818 (CO Office)
High School: Libertyville High School (Libertyville, IL)
College and Major : B.A. Illinois State University / Major: Sociology, Minor: Spanish
Working for the College Since: 2004
My Life Before Lake Forest: After completing my undergraduate degree, I went to graduate school at North Carolina State University working towards an M.S./Ph.D in Sociology. During my time in graduate school, I was a teaching assistant for the course Social Psychology.
One Word or Phrase to Describe Myself: Cheerful
Top 3 Reasons I Would Choose to Attend Lake Forest College:
1. Diversity- The community at Lake Forest includes students from 45 states and 71 different countries. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow from one another throughout your four years here.
2. Opportunities- There are a multitude of opportunities awaiting you at Lake Forest. You can choose to participate in one of 70 student-run clubs and organizations, participate in a varsity sport, study abroad, conduct independent research, or complete an internship in the city of Chicago.
3. Faculty- Your professors will know you by your name.
What Character Traits Do I Appreciate in an Applicant: Ambitious and well-rounded
What Makes the College Unique: Our proximity to Chicago, just 30 miles north, sets Lake Forest College apart from other national liberal arts institutions. A student’s experience is enhanced by the wonderful resources of Chicago where students learn from classroom excursions, internships, and research opportunities.
Tip for the College Search: Interview with an admission counselor. This is an opportunity for you to give a “voice” to your application file. The interview is also an opportunity for you to learn more about the institution and help you determine if it would be a good fit for you.
Hint for Success: Never stop learning.
Favorite Activity in Chicago: Cubs game at Wrigley Field!
Favorite Place in the Town of Lake Forest: Egg Harbor- great breakfast and lunch spot!
A Fun Fact to Share: In my free time, I love to be outdoors. I enjoy backpacking, biking, kayaking, skiing and running (I have completed 2 Chicago marathons)!