- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
Forester Flagship Program
At Lake Forest College, we seek to make our world-class education affordable by awarding generous merit scholarships and need-based financial aid.
We are excited to introduce our Forester Flagship Program where qualified in-state first year and transfer students will receive up to 100% of the College’s tuition covered in grants and scholarships.
Students who qualify for the Forester Flagship program will need to meet the following criteria:
- You enroll for the first time in the fall of 2020
- You’re eligible for the Federal Pell Grant
- You submit your FAFSA by mid-November
- You’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- You’re an Illinois resident (parents listed on the FAFSA are also Illinois residents)
- You must live on-campus for the entirety of your college career
How do I apply?
Here are two easy steps to get started
- Submit your application for admission to Lake Forest College
- Complete your FAFSA by mid-November, and include our Federal Code, 001706.
You will be notified via email if you are a recipient of the award. Your deposit to enroll must be submitted by May 1 to accept your award.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I qualify for the Federal Pell Grant?
According to the U.S. Department of Education, Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need and have not earned a bachelor’s degree.
Financial need is based on your family’s expected family contribution (EFC) which is calculated in your FAFSA application. Students currently qualify for the Pell Grant if their EFC is 5576 or less.
Is the Forester Flagship Program renewable each year?
The Forester Flagship Program is renewable for a total of four years, (eight semesters of continuous enrollment), for new first-year students and for up to three years, (six semesters of continuous enrollment), for new transfer students as long as you continue to meet the following renewal criteria.