- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
International Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
The College demonstrates its commitment to global diversity by providing financial aid to international students.
If you have dual citizenship with the U.S. and another country, please visit our New Students or Returning Students pages. Undocumented students should visit our Undocumented Students page to find out more details about applying for financial aid and scholarships.
Lake Forest College’s Office of Admissions follows need-aware admissions practices when reviewing applications of international students. International students offered admission may receive a merit-based award of up to $30,000 per year. You may receive additional funds by applying for need-based financial aid and/or a Fine Arts Scholarship.
Fine Art Scholarships
Lake Forest College offers talent-based scholarships in music, studio art, and theater. Scholarships require an application for admission, the scholarship application, and either an audition for music and theater, or portfolio review for studio art. The application deadline is February 15. Scholarships are available to both majors and non-majors.
Applying for Financial Aid
Priority Deadlines for Fall 2020
- Early Action I & Early Decision I - November 1, 2019
- Early Action II & Early Decision II - January 15, 2020
- Regular Decision - February 15, 2020
- Transfer Spring- January 1
- Transfer Fall-August 1
To apply for need-based aid, students must complete The College Board’s International Student Financial Aid PROFILE. You are strongly encouraged to complete the PROFILE at the time of application for admission.
Our CSS Code is 1392.
Students from Cuba, Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria are not allowed to complete the CSS Profile. Please contact Molly Noyed for alternative methods.
Students living in Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo are not allowed to use a credit card for payment of the CSS profile. Please contact Molly Noyed for assistance.
The maximum total amount of need-based grant and scholarship funds (combined) an individual student may receive for the 2019–2020 academic year is approximately $35,000.
You can expect to receive a similar amount of financial assistance from us each year if your academic performance is consistent with the standards of the College. An annual application is not required.
Other Sources of Aid
Loans may be available if you have a credit-worthy co-signor who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Contact Adriana Rodriguez for recommendations.
Canadian students are encouraged to contact the Student Financial Assistance branch of your provincial government for possible loans.
Students from Latin America and the Caribbean should investigate the interest-free loan provided by the Leo Rowe Pan American Fund.
Work-Study (a part-time job on campus) may be offered if you show financial need and have proper visa status (F-1). In most cases the amount offered is up to $2,500 per year, though this is not guaranteed.
Confirmation of Financial Support
After you have been notified of your acceptance to Lake Forest College, and before we are able to issue you an I-20 so that you may join us, you must complete this 2020-21 Confirmation of Financial Support. Please print, complete, and return to Molly Noyed in our Office of Admissions.