- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Did you know that more than 80 percent of Lake Forest College students apply for and receive some type of financial aid? Let’s see what we can do!
While income isn’t the only factor in deciding financial aid eligibility, last year approximately 30% of families who applied for financial aid have income over $100,000, and 70% received at least $20,000 in aid.
The Office of Financial Aid offers a personalized approach, helping our students and families by providing timely information, anticipating concerns, and seeking innovative, personalized solutions. We invite and encourage those involved to become partners with us in the process. We take pride in being courteous, fair, and efficient.
The financial aid application called the “FAFSA” is available now, for both the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years. The 2017-2018 FAFSA asks for 2015 income, while the 2018-2019 FAFSA asks for 2016 income.
Financial Aid News
This new page provides free resources to help you learn about financial aid, tools to help you manage your money, and skills to help you manage your money well!
Payscale.com has named Lake Forest College in first place in Illinois for best return on investment among small colleges, and 11th in the nation. Read more about Lake Forest College’s standing in the rankings here.
Lake Forest College was named among the top colleges and universities near Chicago by Investopedia.com, an Internet site devoted to investment education.
Princeton Review named the College one of “the nation’s best colleges for students seeking great academics, outstanding career preparation, and generous financial aid” in its just published book, Colleges That Pay You Back: The 200 Best Value Colleges and What It Takes to Get In - 2015 Edition.
The donation from anonymous donors is the largest in College history to help students achieve post-graduate success.
Six months after graduation, 94% of the Class of 2013 either had a job or volunteer opportunity, were enrolled in graduate school, or were traveling.
Cecilia Reyes ’15 was one of only 73 students nationwide to be awarded a 2013 Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship. She was selected from a pool of more than 750 students from 45 states who were nominated for the honor.