• <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
  • <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>


Visiting Students

Those who wish to enroll at Lake Forest College, but who do not necessarily intend to graduate from here, may enroll as a non-degree community education student.

The following categories are available to students wishing to study at at Lake Forest. Applicants for any of these categories complete the Community Education Application and should submit the appropriate transcript(s).

Audit a course

Community members are welcome to audit most courses offered at Lake Forest. The cost to audit is $400 per class. Apply to audit courses.

Take a summer course

Summer at Lake Forest College has something for everyone, from undergraduate courses open to the community as part of Summer Session, our Summer Language Institute that will give you a global edge, and Writing By The Lake community seminar for the writer in all of us. Courses begin in May and last through the summer. Learn more at Access Summer.

Take a course for credit (non-degree)

Visiting students of all ages may apply to take classes to work towards a bachelor’s degree at a college other than Lake Forest College, or to prepare for graduate study.

Students may take courses on a part-time or full-time basis. All credits earned may be applied toward a degree at Lake Forest College. (The Office of Admissions will review a student’s performance at the end of each semester. Students who demonstrate the ability to complete their coursework successfully may submit a change of status application to apply to become fully matriculated students.)

Adults who are 30 years of age or older may submit the non-degree application and should consult with Carol Gayle in the Community Education Office to determine how non-degree status would apply to them.

Adults who already have a bachelor’s degree may be interested in the College’s Graduate Program in Liberal Studies or Master of Arts in Teaching.

Dual-enrollment for high school students

Students currently enrolled in high school may apply to take courses at Lake Forest while they are enrolled in high school. A reduced tuition rate is offered. All credits earned may be applied toward a degree at Lake Forest College.