- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/48737_IMG_9636.rev.1541712259.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29874_header-aerial.rev.1450207337.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29649_visit_campus-cropped.rev.1450717447.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/10/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29736_apply-_needs_to_be_cropped.rev.1451944927.jpg)"/>
We value the backgrounds and distinct perspectives that all of our students bring to the Lake Forest community. Our international students are a vital part of what makes Lake Forest unique and special. International students represent more than 70 countries and 12 percent of our student body.
You may contact your international admissions counselor, Darren Drabek, who will assist you with the application process and answer any questions you may have. We ask applicants to submit the following materials as part of the application:
Secondary School Transcript
Most students applying to the College have taken a college preparatory curriculum including honors, AP, and IB courses. We look at your transcript within the context of your high school, knowing that all schools offer different academic programs. You can receive college credit for both AP and IB classes based on exam scores (review our AP/IB credit score requirements for more information).
Our minimum requirements are:
- 4 years of English
- 3 or more years of mathematics (minimum requirement is through algebra II/trigonometry)
- 3 or more years of natural science, including 2 years with laboratory sections
- 3 or more years of social science
- 2 or more years of foreign language(s) (recommended, but not required)
Interview We highly recommend an interview, which can be conducted on campus or by phone. We see the interview as an opportunity to “lift yourself off the page” and get beyond just the statistics and test scores.
Applicants from China are welcome to submit a Vericant or initialview interview. This service provides the opportunity to talk personally with an interviewer in China. The conversation will be recorded and can be reviewed by the Lake Forest Admissions Office.
Letters of recommendation We require a letter of recommendation (in English) from a teacher or a college counselor. While we only require one recommendation, we recommend submitting a letter from both a teacher and a college counselor as it will provide us with a more complete picture of you. Standardized test scores
International students are required to show proof of sufficient English-language ability. This may be fulfilled in the following ways:
Submit one of the following official score reports:
- TOEFL score with a minimum TOEFL score of 83/TOEFL-iBT or 550/TOEFL-pBT (Code 1392)
- IELTS score with a minimum 6.5 composite
- SAT examination results (Code 1392)
- ACT examination results (Code: 1054)
- GTEC Computer Based: 1200
If you believe that you can provide proof of English proficiency in another way, please contact Darren Drabek with details.
US citizens and US Permanent Residents who study and/or live outside the US do not need to provide proof of English proficiency unless requested to do so by the Office of Admissions.
Upon receipt of an enrollment deposit, students who have taken but not submitted an SAT or ACT will be asked to submit scores at that time for course placement.