- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Spring Admitted Students
The following registration information explains how the advising and course-registration process works for new spring students at Lake Forest. You will receive your advisor assignment via e-mail. The advising period begins Monday, November 6. Registration begins on Tuesday, November 14
Step 1: Review your credit evaluation and the General Education Curriculum.
Transfer students will receive an evaluation of your transfer credit and a general education chart from the Office of the Registrar once you have submitted your transcripts, both of which will help with your course selection. Your credit evaluation and general education chart will not be final until we have received your final official transcripts. If you have not already done so, please submit your final transcripts to the Office of Admissions once they become available. All transcripts must be official copies.
Please familiarize yourself with the General Education Curriculum (GEC). You probably already have ideas about your major area of study. Visit the department and program pages for specific requirements and course descriptions.
Step 2: Prepare to make your spring course selections.
A normal full-time load is four courses per semester. As a general rule, you should register for courses from a variety of departments and divisions (natural sciences and mathematics, social sciences, and humanities).
To help you get started review the information about registration, prerequisites, and placement.
For updated course schedules, please check my.lakeforest and click course schedule in the left side navigation.
Transfer courses may count toward your major requirements if agreed upon by your department chairperson. This matter should be discussed with your academic advisor before completing your registration.
Step 3: Contact your advisor.
One week prior to registration, you will receive your academic advisor assignment. Be prepared to discuss with your advisor the courses you are interested in taking for the spring semester.
Your advisor must approve your course schedule before you can register.
Click here for information about IB and AP credits.
Click here for information about prerequisites and placement tests for mathematics, biology, and chemistry courses.
International credits: Courses taken outside the United States (including courses taken during study-abroad programs) must be submitted to and approved for credit by the Academic Appeals Board prior to evaluation by the Office of the Registrar.
Step 4: Register for courses online beginning November 14.
Using the conversation with your advisor as a guide, complete your registration online. Go to the top of this page and log into my.lakeforest and then click on the “Students” tab. Once on that page, click on the link on the left: “Registration Instructions.”
Step 5: Schedule a meeting with you advisor.
Schedule a meeting with your advisor during the first week of classes, even if you were able to meet with you advisor during the registration period. This meeting serves as part of your orientation to campus and will enable you and your advisor to get to know each other better and to make any last minute adjustments to your schedule, if necessary.