- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Spring Admitted Students
What to Bring
Trying to decide whether to bring the bed you have been sleeping in for the past 18 years? Or what about that night light that you won’t admit to still using? Don’t worry, each residence hall room includes the necessary furniture, though there are some well-loved items from home that you might still want to bring with you.
Remember, you will likely be sharing your space with at least one other student, so before you shop-til-you-drop, we suggest that you contact your new roommate and discuss what items you will share, such as TVs, game consoles, or refrigerators.
What Should You Bring?
Below are some suggestions of things you may want to bring to your new home away from home.
First aid supplies:
Food related items:
What NOT to Bring:
We ask that you leave the following items at home because we do not permit their use on campus. Many of these items are prohibited because of electrical requirements or safety concerns. Please see the Student Handbook or contact us for more information.
- air-conditioning units
- candles, incense, potpourri burners
- extension cords that are longer than 6 feet
- halogen lamps
- hot plates
- large stereo speakers/sub-woofers
- large refrigerators with output greater than 4 amps
- multiple-outlet devices that do not have a 15-amp resettable circuit breaker
- power strips with cords longer than 6 feet
- neon signs
- shower curtain (provided by the College)
- toasters, toaster ovens, or anything with an open heating coil
* Please see Student Handbook for important regulations on these items.