- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Spring Admitted Students
Living on campus is a wonderful way for new students to get connected at Lake Forest College. Students make new friends, learn to navigate roommate relationships, and find study partners right down the hall.
Choosing housing: Two steps!
At Lake Forest, even our incoming students have the opportunity to choose their own room and roommates. The benefits are enormous — you select a roommate based on compatibility, and you choose a community that best suits your academic and social needs.
- You will need to complete the housing application, details will be sent via email.
The College has a residency requirement for most first, second, and third year students. This means that most first, second, and third year students are required to live in campus housing. As we strive to increase student success, build community, and educate students outside the classroom, we believe that it’s important to have as many students as possible participate in our residential program.
There are some notable exceptions to the residency requirement. Students who meet any one of the following conditions may apply for an exemption from the three-year residency requirement:
- Live at home with parent/guardian within 30 road miles of the College;
- Age 23 or older;
- Have dependent children;
- Are married;
- Active members of the armed forces; or,
- Have completed 24 Lake Forest College credits or more (not including AP or IB credits).
When you sign up for housing, you’ll also be asked to choose a meal plan. The College offers a variety of dining options through Aramark Dining Services. The primary dining location on campus is the Hart Dining Hall, which serves all-you-care-to-eat meals. Several a la carte locations offer students additional dining choices including four cafés, a grill location, and a convenience-store style retail shop.
Residents may select from three different meal plans, all of which cost the same, but offer different ratios of meals (all-you-care-to-eat in the dining hall) to flex dollars (stored value on your college ID which can be used at any dining facility).
Amenities and services
Residence hall linen program
On Campus Marketing, Inc. (OCM)
Refrigerator and microfridge rental
Bedloft.com by Collegiate Marketing provides microfridge and refrigerator rentals for Lake Forest College students. Microwaves attached to the “MicroFridge” rental units are permitted in Deerpath, Cleveland-Young, Harlan, Blackstone Academic, and Nollen Halls. Individual microwave units are not permitted in any resident room. All residence halls have at least one communal microwave available for resident use.