- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Spring Admitted Students
Dates and Deadlines
Everything you need to do before you arrive is listed on this page. (Well, almost everything.) Read below and start making preparations for your arrival in January. If you have any questions, call the Office of Admissions at 847-735-5000.
Final transcript and good standing
Keep up the good work and finish strong! Lake Forest College offers of admission are always contingent upon receiving final transcript(s) showing acceptable academic performance and no disciplinary issues. We do reserve the right to rescind the offer of admission if academic or disciplinary concerns are presented at any time during the admission and enrollment process.
Get your Lake Forest College computing instructions
Soon after you submit your enrollment deposit, you will receive an email with computing instructions. Students are cyber-connected on campus three ways: via a Lake Forest email address; on Moodle, the course management system; and on my.lakeforest, our Intranet portal for registering and managing your account. It’s important that you do not change any passwords for these accounts until you arrive on campus.
If you are planning to live on campus, don’t forget to submit your housing application. A link to the housing application will be emailed to you after you receive your Lake Forest College computing instructions. Learn more about housing.
Submit documentation of a disability or chronic health condition for consideration for accommodations as soon as possible. Priority deadline is November 9 for students requesting housing accommodations and December 1 for all other accessibility requests.
If you had an IEP or 504 plan in high school, received accommodations at a previous college, or believe your disability or health condition could affect you as a student, please review our Services for Students with Disabilities. Learn more about what we offer and what our process entails, including submitting documentation.
Register for spring courses - Starting on Tuesday, November 13
The steps are outlined below. Look for more details soon.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor who will be in touch with you to assist with registering for courses.
- Complete a quick Academic Advising survey. Do not log into my.lakeforest. You should complete this survey so that your advisor can review it before they contact you.
- Prepare to talk to your advisor by checking out these web pages.
- Consult with your advisor beginning Monday, November 6
- Register for classes.
Review your tuition statement and information about Forester Payment Plan – available online December 1 and due January 2, 2019 The Forester Payment Plan will be available starting October 1. Learn more here.
Find out if you’re eligible for an on-campus work-study job
Working on campus is a great introduction to professional life. Maybe you’ll be staffing the circulation desk at the library, checking students in at the Sports and Recreation Center, or giving tours in the Office of Admissions. If “work-study” appears on your award letter, you’ll be emailed the link to the application. Learn more here.
Complete your health history report—due January 15
Make that doctor’s appointment for a complete physical now so you can get your health forms into the College by January 10. Note: the health history report and health insurance waiver are two separate things. Both are due in January! Click here for the report.
AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention Part I — Due January 14
All students are required to take the online courses, which will open on December 14., 2018. Details to access the course will be provided via email. Part 2 will be due March 3, 2019
Health Insurance Waiver—due January 2, 2019
Health insurance is required of all students. If you are covered under a different plan (such as your parent’s), you can waive the insurance provided by the College. The waiver will be available on November 1.
Make plans to attend New Student Orientation – January 14–15
Whether a first-year student or transfer, living on campus or at home, New Student Orientation is where you’ll meet your classmates and learn all about your new life as a Forester. It’s a must-attend experience!
Move-in Day – January 14
If you’re looking for a list of what to bring (and what not to bring) you can explore that online.
Classes start January 16
And the adventure begins….
Information is updated often, so please check back for more important dates.