- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/74/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35169_16170829_ocm_summer_grid_flat.rev.1484952388.jpg)"/>
Information for Visiting College Students
You don’t have to be a Forester to enroll in Lake Forest College’s 2017 Summer Session. Take advantage of our open undergraduate enrollment and summer scholarships. And by all means, check out the beach.
We offer need-based grant packages to Visiting Students enrolled full-time at another undergraduate institution seeking a transfer credit toward a degree.
Visiting Students can receive a Lake Forest College Summer Session grant toward the cost of a Summer Session course or independent study. This grant can significantly discount tuition for a four-credit experience. Each Lake Forest College course is equivalent to 4.0 semester hours. Lake Forest College internships are not available to Visiting Students.
To qualify, students must demonstrate financial need. Students should indicate their interest on the online registration form. You will receive an email with information on your summer financial grant eligibility no later than one week prior to the start of each summer term.
Summer tuition is $3,300 per four-credit course or internship. Grants range from $1,300 - $2,300, based on 2016-2017 FAFSA need.
Note: We will ask for the results of your 2016-2017 FAFSA to determine your summer grant eligibility at Lake Forest College. Please add Lake Forest College to your FAFSA results (click here to find out how). Our federal school code is 001706. Once we receive your FAFSA results, we will be able to determine your eligibility.
|May Term:||May 16 - June 9|
|Grant Application Deadline:||May 9|
|Payment Deadline:||May 16|
|June Term:||June 12 - July 7|
|Grant Application Deadline:||June 5|
|Payment Deadline:||June 12|
|July Term:||July 10 - Aug 3|
|Grant Application Deadline:||July 3|
|Payment Deadline:||July 10|
Our Summer Session courses do not have pre-requisites. All courses are open to both Lake Forest College students, high school students, and community members. Check out the calendar.
- May Term: May 16 - June 9
- June Term: June 12 - July 7
- July Term: July 10 - August 3
View the summer schedule and course descriptions.
Other Available Aid Programs
Financial assistance may also be available from the following programs if eligibility requirements are met, and funds are available:
- Federal Pell Grant (funds are available only to students who were eligible during the 2016-2017 academic year and did not enroll for 3 or more credits in either fall or spring semester. Pell funds will be awarded based on number of credits enrolled.
- Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans (available to students who did not borrow grade-level maximum amounts for the 2016-2017 academic year. Students must be enrolled in at least two credits during the summer session to receive this loan.)
- Direct Federal PLUS Loans (Students must be enrolled in at least two credits to receive this loan.)
- Private Educational Loans (enrollment requirements are subject to the lender’s discretion)