- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/74/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30080_summer.rev.1452186498.jpg)"/>
Information for Current Students
For Access Summer 2020, Lake Forest College students who are behind on credits* may take summer session courses for only $600 each, until they are caught up.
All full-time Lake Forest College students and deposited transfer students to the College will have an opportunity to enroll in one free, full-credit undergraduate course this summer. The College is offering this special opportunity in response to the financial challenges that many students and families are now experiencing due to the coronavirus.
Lake Forest College students should use my.lakeforest to register.
Forester Finish Program
This is a special package for students who are short credits. Please see the Forester Finish page for more details and to see if you qualify.
The $600 per-course rate represents an almost 82% discount from the regular summer tuition, plus you benefit from individual attention from experienced instructors.
Our students use this discount to catch up. Forester Finish Program grants do not apply to non-FFP independent studies, internships, or ACM summer courses. The discount does not apply to transfer students.
We Got Your Grant
Don’t qualify for the Forest Finish Program? Don’t worry. You may be eligible for a Lake Forest College Summer Session grant toward the cost of a Summer Session course, independent study, or internship. This grant can significantly discount tuition on a Lake Forest experience equivalent to 4.0 semester hours.
To qualify, students must demonstrate financial need and cannot already be receiving the discounted rate of $600.
The Office of Financial Aid (OFA) does not require a separate summer grant application. The OFA will evaluate grant eligibility for all students enrolled in summer courses with information already on file. We will notify you of your grant no later than one week before the start of each summer term.
Summer tuition is $3,300 per four-credit course or internship. Grants range from $1,300 - $2,300 based on 2019-2020 FAFSA’s need.
Other Available Aid Programs
Financial assistance may also be available from the following programs if eligibility requirements are met, and funds are available:
- Federal Pell Grant (funds are available only to students who were eligible during the 2019-2020 academic year and did not enroll for 3 or more credits in either fall or spring semester. Pell funds will be awarded based on number of credits enrolled
- Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans (available to students who did not borrow grade-level maximum amounts for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students must be enrolled in at least two credits during the summer session to receive this loan.)
- Direct Federal PLUS Loans (Students must be enrolled in at least two credits to receive this loan.)
- Private Educational Loans (enrollment requirements are subject to the lender’s discretion).