- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Lake Forest College’s premier literary magazine, Tusitala, has dedicated itself to showcasing the creativity and diversity its student body has to offer. Published bi-annually during the spring semester, Tusitala stands as both an outlet and showcase for the very best student and faculty poets, prose writers, photographers, musicians, and artists of nearly any variety.
The magazine is created by the student body and is for the student body. It recognizes the talents of Lake Forest College’s students Tusitala by hosting an annual publishing party where free copies of the year’s issue are distributed!
Tusitala’s Emma Glauser will be hosting writing days from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Thursdays for the rest of the semester. Tea will be provided!
Tusitala 2019 Poetry Busking:
Thank you to everyone who stopped by to receive a typed poem from our Tusitala staff at our second Poetry Busking!
Contributors from our last issue, Oddities, also had the opportunity to pick up their copies. If you are still missing one, head to the Carnegie lounge or the bookstore!
Oddities Digital Release
A huge thanks to all that attended our digital release of Oddities, our latest issue on Halloween! We appreciated all that came to support the hard work of Tusitala and the contributors that made Oddities possible.
There, we treated our guests with snacks while admiring the art of our students and later were given the opportunity to hear readings from the author’s themselves.
To find our online issue, visit the Archive section of our page or click here.
Tusitala Hosts Valentine’s Day Poetry Busking
Students of Tusitala helped to raise donations for the American Heart Association on Valentine’s Day.
During our annual event, Tusitala members type custom poems on vintage typewriters.
Want to share your poem? Make sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook!