- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
We provide Lake Forest College students with free tutoring and resources for every stage of the writing process. Our tutors are excited to be your writing partners!
What We Offer:
- Free, one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Personalized writing strategies based on your needs
- Strategies for multilingual writers
- Free resources online and in the Center
- Client-focused practice supporting writers at any level and any stage of the writing process
- Over 15 trained student tutors with appointments available Sunday through Friday
- Three types of appointments—as-needed, weekly, and walk-in
Make an appointment on our online scheduler, call us at 847-735-5233, or walk in to the Writing Center to schedule an appointment.
To schedule a weekly appointments, fill out our Self-Assessment Form.
Hours: WE OPEN ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 19!
Monday through Thursday: 10am-9pm
Daytime walk-in appointments are available during any hour of operation. Arrive at the start of the hour; a tutor will help you if a scheduled client does not arrive before ten past the hour.
Evening walk-in appointments are Sunday–Thursday from 7pm-9pm. Sign in as early as 6:50pm; a designated walk-in tutor will help you and other walk-in clients in the order you arrive.
Walk-in appointments are first come, first serve.
Lower level of Hotchkiss Hall
We are elevator-accessible and have different tutoring spaces available to meet a variety of needs. Please let us know if there is something we can do to make your appointments more accessible. Contact Kate Oakley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847-735-5233).