- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Office of Faculty Development
Basics for New Faculty
This page is intended to provide guidance and assistance to new faculty at Lake Forest College. Many of your questions about academic policies, syllabus requirements, the academic calendar, etc. may be answered here.
Please visit the Teaching Resources page on my.lakeforest for more resources for teaching.
What do you need to know to get started at Lake Forest College?
Once you have received your username and password, many resources and materials are available to you on our internal website, my.lakeforest. Access this site via the quicklinks button at the top of this page. Once logged in, make sure you go to the Faculty tab.
You will find a campus map here.
To find the academic calendar, go here. Final Exam schedules are posted on mylakeforest on the Course Schedules page. Remember that Final Exams are scheduled centrally. Students must be offered the whole of the scheduled exam time to complete their work.
To see your class lists, go to the faculty tab on my.lakeforest and find my.courses. There you will see details of when and where your class will meet, find your class lists, and upload grades when it is time to do that.
To admit (authorize) a student into your course, please see the instructions here.
Key Academic Policies (credits, grades, attendance, exams, etc. are articulated here.