- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/5986_screen_shot_2016-11-30_at_3.27.37_pm.rev.1480543045.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/45642_FIYS_Field_Trip.rev.1531246209.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/84/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/45667_Academics.rev.1531425285.png)"/>
Services for Students with Disabilities
At Lake Forest College, we believe that all of our students are entitled to an equal opportunity to access and benefit from our programs and services. The Center for Academic Success and the Health and Wellness Center collaborate to coordinate services for students with disabilities to help make this belief a reality. We pride ourselves on making students of all abilities feel welcome at Lake Forest College.
The first step is to complete and submit the Verification of Need for Accessibility Services form. You may also submit testing results, IEPs, and 504 plans with the Verification form.
Mail Documentation to
Mail Stop: H&W
Lake Forest College
555 N. Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
The word on campus about Disability Services
- <div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> “Through the dedicated support of Disability Services, I have been able to receive peer notes every day after class! As someone with processing difficulties, the notes are an effective way to learn to the best of my ability.”</p><p><em>–Lake Forest College student, Class of 2022</em></p></div>
- <div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> “I know I can always count on the Center for Academic Success to offer the support my students need to thrive. The testing center has always been flexible and accommodating of my course needs, and the difference this makes in the success of many of my students is quite telling! I appreciate that my students feel heard and supported and are provided with all the tools they need to succeed.”</p><p><em>-Professor Flavia Barbosa, Assistant Professor of Biology</em></p></div>
- <div class="lw_blurbs_body"><p> “When I started requesting proctored exams, I expected a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy, but the reality was that it is surprisingly easy. I’m also self-conscious about needing proctored exams; however, after my meetings with my professors and everyone apart of the process I realized I didn’t need to be. Everyone just wanted me to succeed.”</p><p><em>–Lake Forest College student, Class of 2020</em></p></div>