- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/71/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29931_sociology.rev.1450300274.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/71/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29885_anthropology.rev.1450297460.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/71/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/45668_ANTHROPOLOGY_2.rev.1531492098.png)"/>
Sociology and Anthropology
Internships and Careers
Our courses prepare students for a variety of careers in market research, as well as public relations, education, advertising, public administration, and more. Students learn strategies for interviewing, running focus groups, doing observations, analyzing space, collecting surveys, and analyzing data using statistical software and coding strategies.
Lake Forest College facilitates five career communities called Career Pathways to help students explore major/career options and position themselves for the internships that will help them to further prepare for productive and rewarding careers after graduation. Students from all majors can participate in the Career Pathways to shape their career goals alongside of their academic interests.
Sociology and anthropology majors tend to find a home in the Law and Public Service or the Business and Finance Career Pathway, although any pathway can fit depending on interests.
To get an idea for which pathways students might join based upon some common sociology and anthropology interests, check these out:
- Nonprofit Administration – Law and Public Service
- Risk Management – Business and Finance
- Law – Law and Public Service
- Big Data Analysis – Business and Finance
- Public Health – Science and Health Care
- Market Research – Business and Finance
- Politics – Law and Public Service
Explore the Career Pathways by participating in events, reading profiles of students’ and alumni experiences, and by joining a pathway (or two). Remember to look at the next steps pages to get ideas for immediate ways to prepare yourself for great internships and a productive, rewarding career after graduation.
Human Resources Management