- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/69/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29929_religion_header.rev.1450300204.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Religion Department are:
1. The religion major will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the basic beliefs, practices, and communities of several different religious traditions, both historically and as part of the dynamic flow of our contemporary global society.
2. The religion major will be able to read and analyze primary sources religious texts and research religious issues through historical and contemporary literature.
3. The religion major will be able to discuss religious ideas and questions in a way that encourages the cross-fertilization of ideas and a deeper understanding of both similarities and differences.
4. The religion major will be able to formulate thoughtful questions about how religious thinking intersects with everyday actions and decisions that arise particularly in relation to social, political, philosophical, and psychological issues