- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/49/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29913_legal_studies.rev.1450299320.png)"/>
Student Learning Outcomes
The expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Legal Studies Program are:
1. The legal studies minor will be proficient in understanding the language and interpretation of the law.
2. The legal studies minor will be capable of identifying how the law interfaces with multiple academic disciplines including but not limited to politics, history, economics, communications, literature, sociology and philosophy.
3. The legal studies minor will be able to do legal research and apply that research to legal scenarios (thereby achieving critical thinking skills).
4. The legal studies minor will be able to demonstrate proficiency with legal language and terminology and oral argumentation of the law.
5. The legal studies minor will be able to demonstrate the differences between public and private law.
6. The Legal Studies minor will be capable of articulating how elements of justice, fairness, equality and property allocation are addressed in the law.
7. The legal studies minor student will be capable of taking a legal concept studied in class and find another case, news item or current legal scenario that relates to the assigned material and proficiently present the similarities/differences with the assigned material.
8. The legal studies minor student will be capable of comprehending the strengths and limitations of the law in addressing societal interests.