- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/155/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/47333_entp_pitch_it.rev.1539355153.jpg)"/>
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Forester Pitch It! Competition
The annual Forester Pitch It! Competition is a pitch competition - not a business plan competition. It offers a path for Lake Forest College’s entrepreneurial students to connect with mentors, receive pitch coaching and compete for $10,000 in prizes, transforming students’ ideas into action.
Registration is now CLOSED.
(The 2019 Forester Pitch It! Competition registration will begin in Spring 2019.)
About the Forester Pitch It! Competition
Pitch It was created and funded by the Entrepreneurial Advisory Board to give all Foresters the opportunity to practice selling themselves and their ideas, build a team, and earn prize money to help them take their ideas to the next stage of development.
The Forester Pitch It! Competitions brings together students dedicated to solving problems through venture creation. The competition takes students through an extensive process of personal and professional development including team building, expert industry-specific mentorship and coaching. Teams will learn to create sustainable business plans, effective business pitches, and have the opportunity to compete for $10,000 in prizes and vital resources for venture growth.
Who can participate?
Any Lake Forest College Student is eligible to compete in The Forester Pitch It! Competition. We encourage family, friends, teachers and other classmates to support participants in the competition.
How can you prepare?
How can you register?
Registration is now closed for the 2018 Forester Pitch It! Competition. Those students wishing to participating in the 2019 Forester Pitch It! Competition, can expect registration information through campus email. For all registration related inquiries, please contact Trish Thomas.
Pitch It 2018 Finals
The Pitch It Finals took place on Tuesday, April 17th at the Gorton Community Center in downtown Lake Forest.
Our Pitch It 2018 Winners:
- Best Business Venture - Vito Brunetti (SportSpek Trading)
- Best Social Venture - Karla Figueroa and Fatemeh Riahi (Nibipure)
- Runners up - Ryan Widmer (MyID) and Lindelo, Dlamini, Kailey Gonzales, and Jabulani Sifundza (H.E.R. Comforts)
- Best Overall Pitch - Noel Orwothwun, Koku Donkor, and Moyosore Tejumola (Nabta)
- Best Idea - Alec Brent (the GoodSamaritan App)
(Emcee, Dean DeBiase)