- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/26/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29986_finance_1.rev.1450464569.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/26/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29897_economics2.rev.1450298007.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/26/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29987_finance_3.rev.1450464570.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/26/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29985_business.rev.1450464558.png)"/>
Economics, Business, and Finance
Mason School of Business’s Master of Accounting Program
Lake Forest College students studying accounting have the opportunity to take a fast track into the College of William and Mary’s Mason School of Business. In addition to discounted summer programs after junior and senior year, the application fee has been waived and our students are eligible for special scholarships.
The Mason School of Business at the College of William and Mary seeks to recruit and admit candidates to their Master of Accounting (MAcc) program who exhibit high achievement in academics and a strong desire to develop as ethical business leaders. Ideal candidates demonstrate potential to succeed in professional services careers and show a strong work ethic, drive, maturity, integrity and self-awareness.
In a unique partnership, Lake Forest invites its exceptional students to apply for admission (application fee waived) to Mason’s one-year MAcc program without providing GMAT scores if they have a GPA of 3.25 or higher and the .
In addition to those admission benefits, the College of William and Mary offers three students $10,000 scholarships plus the opportunity to receive additional financial aid.
If a Lake Forest student is accepted into the program, then s/he may choose to participate in the MAcc summer intensive classes (the MAcc “boot camp”) as a way to fulfill MAcc prerequisites, either during the summer after her/his junior year or during the summer after her/his senior year. These boot camp classes carry costs additional to the tuition and fees associated with the MAcc program. Specifically, the MAcc program requires seven prerequisite classes (for a total of 19 credit hours). It is agreed that five of these courses can be satisfied with specific Lake Forest College classes:
- BUSN 230 Introduction to Accounting satisfies Principles of Accounting
- BUSN 130 Applied Statistics satisfies Statistics
- BUSN 330 Managerial Accounting satisfies the Cost Accounting
- BUSN 331 Intermediate Accounting satisfies Intermediate Accounting
- BUSN 332 Auditing
While BUSN 333: Cost Accounting is not a prerequisite to attend William and Mary, students are highly recommended to take that course as well.
Any Lake Forest College student who enters Mason’s one-year MAcc program will receive credit for any prerequisite for which they have received a B- or higher in the equivalent Lake Forest College class and will be required to complete any remaining prerequisites during the Mason’s summer boot camp program immediately prior to starting the program.
- <span class="lw_profiles_image"><span class="lw_item_thumb"><a href="/live/profiles/675-ariana-rincon"><img src="/live/image/gid/26/width/242/height/242/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1365,2048/29307_rincon_ariana140814lp10.rev.1447692760.jpg" alt="Ariana Rincon" title="Ariana Rincon" class="lw_image" width="242" height="242" srcset="/live/image/scale/2x/gid/26/width/242/height/242/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1365,2048/29307_rincon_ariana140814lp10.rev.1447692760.jpg 2x, /live/image/scale/3x/gid/26/width/242/height/242/crop/1/src_region/0,0,1365,2048/29307_rincon_ariana140814lp10.rev.1447692760.jpg 3x" data-max-w="1365" data-max-h="2048"/></a></span></span><div class="quote"><p> “The William and Mary Master of Accounting program has been a remarkably rewarding experience that has proven to be invaluable in both my personal and professional life.”</p></div><a class="recruit-link" href="/live/profiles/675-ariana-rincon">Read more about Ariana and her fast track into the College of William and Mary’s Mason School of Business</a>