- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/162/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29890_business.rev.1450297763.png)"/>
Economics, Business, and Finance
Internships and Careers in Business
With easy access to one of the leading corporate centers in the world—Chicago —students majoring in business at Lake Forest College have career-building opportunities you won’t find at most other colleges. Professors have vast connections and use the rich resources of Chicago to complement class work and demonstrate the practical applications of theories learned in the classroom. Students graduate with the skills and experience necessary to become successful business leaders.
Lake Forest College facilitates five career communities called Career Pathways to help students explore major/career options and position themselves for the internships that will help them to further prepare for productive and rewarding careers after graduation. Students from all majors can participate in the Career Pathways to shape their career goals alongside of their academic interests.
Because business majors bring a wide range of interests, they truly can find a home in any Career Pathway. They most often select the Business and Finance Pathway.
To get an idea for which pathways students might join based upon some common business interests, check these out:
- Accountant – Business and Finance
- Account Executive/Business Analyst – Business and Finance
- Actuary – Business and Finance
- Entrepreneur – Business and Finance + Build Your Own
- Health Care Administrator – Health Care and Science
- Media Associate – Creative Arts
- Sales and Marketing – Creative Arts or Business and Finance
- Risk Management – Business and Finance
Explore the Career Pathways by participating in events, reading profiles of students’ and alumni experiences, and by joining a pathway (or two). Remember to look at the next steps pages to get ideas for immediate ways to prepare yourself for great internships and a productive, rewarding career after graduation.
Where do graduates go?
100% of business majors from the class of 2015 were either employed (90%) or in graduate school (10%).
The class of 2015 found jobs with the following companies:
- BMO Harris Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- Northern Trust
- RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company
- The Eli’s Cheesecake Company
- Uline Shipping Supplies
They were accepted into the following graduate schools:
- Concordia University in Wisconsin
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro