- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
We look forward to helping you decide if Lake Forest is the right fit for you. Here’s what we are looking for:
High school transcript
Most students applying to the College have taken a college preparatory curriculum including honors, AP, and IB courses. We look at your transcript within the context of your high school, knowing that all schools offer different academic programs. You can receive college credit for both AP and IB classes based on exam scores (review our AP/IB credit score requirements for more information).
Our minimum requirements are:
- 4 years of English
- 3 or more years of mathematics (minimum requirement is through algebra II/trigonometry)
- 3 or more years of natural science, including 2 years with laboratory sections
- 3 or more years of social science
- 2 or more years of a foreign language (recommended, but not required)
Interview (highly recommended)
Almost every applicant is interviewed either on or off campus, and we truly enjoy getting to know our prospective students. We see the interview as an opportunity to “lift yourself off the page” and get beyond just the statistics and test scores. You have a counselor specifically assigned to you and should feel free to contact them to set up an interview or ask a question.
Letters of recommendation
We require a letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or a college counselor. Though not required, you may also submit one additional reference from an athletic coach, scout leader, community service coordinator, or work supervisor.
Standardized test scores and test-optional admissions
We accept both the ACT and the SAT, and take the best sub-scores to compile a composite score. You may choose not to submit your scores as part of our test-optional admissions policy. If you make use of this opportunity, you must have a personal interview with an admission counselor. This can be done via phone or in person and you should take the initiative to set-up this interview as soon as possible. International students are required to submit ACT, SAT, TOEFL or IELTS scores. Homeschool students are required to submit standardized test scores. Students who ultimately enroll at the College will be asked to submit test scores for advising and College research.