- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Arriving by Plane
From O’Hare Airport (ORD)
Airport Express, a shuttle service, leaves from each terminal and runs regularly to Lake Forest. For departure information and reservations call 312-454-7800.
From Midway Airport (MDW)
It is least expensive to take Omega Shuttle Service from Midway to O’Hare for approximately $20 and then take Airport Express or American Taxi to the College. Pick-up at Midway Airport is located at door 3, lower level. For more information call 773-483-6634.
GO Airport Express discount
- Reservations can be made directly: Airport Express Reservations
- Reservations can be made on line: www.AirportExpress.com
Enter your code: “LFC”.
- Reservations can be made by calling: 1-800-284-3826
Use code: “LFC”.
Arriving by Train
Amtrak trains arrive into Chicago at Union Station. To reach Lake Forest from Chicago you will need to get to the Ogilvie Transportation Center where the METRA commuter train boards. The Ogilvie Transportation Center is located three long blocks north of Union Station at 500 West Madison Street, at the intersection of Madison and Canal Streets.
There are two commuter lines that run to Lake Forest so be sure to board the Metra Union Pacific North Line. The train runs to and from Chicago 30 times a day. Call the Regional Transportation Hotline at 312-836-7000 for schedule information or visit METRA online. A one-way ticket from Chicago to Lake Forest costs approximately $6.50.
Arriving by Bus
From the Greyhound Bus Depot in Chicago, take a taxi to the Ogilvie Transportation Center. Follow the above directions.
Did you know the College provides a shuttle service for students?
The Forester Shuttle goes to local shopping and transportation hubs in the evenings Monday through Saturday. Please check the schedule for specific destinations and times.
The Shuttle Bus is managed by Kelly Matuszewski, Department Assistant of the Gates Center. Any questions or comments regarding shuttle services can be directed to her.