- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Lake Forest College’s 107-acre campus is located 30 miles north of downtown Chicago in the historic suburb of Lake Forest. Wooded ravines connect North, Middle, and South Campus, and the beach along Lake Michigan is a short distance away. It’s largely a walking (or biking, or sometimes skateboarding) campus.
When not working or in class, students and faculty alike can be found playing pool or ping-pong in the Mohr Student Center, checking email or studying at the Donnelley and Lee Library, or working out in the new Sports and Rec Center. The College also has an art gallery that features professional art work as well as student pieces for public viewing.
Most of our students live on campus, although some commuter students come from the suburbs and Chicago. Lake Forest is a small city where students use their College IDs to get discounts at stores and restaurants.
The train to Chicago is a half-mile walk from campus.